why we're a charter
WE ARE DRIVEN TO SPARK A LIFELONG LOVE
OF LEARNING IN ALL OF OUR STUDENTS.
Charter schools such as BCS are unique public schools that offer an additional educational choice to California families. Charter schools are allowed the freedom to be more innovative while being held accountable for advancing student achievement. BCS’s founders chose the charter school model because of a deeply held belief not only that schools should be accountable for student learning, but also that infusing a school with entrepreneurial spirit would result in ongoing measurable improvements. As a public charter school, BCS is free to innovate and implement new programs and teaching methods in order to provide the best education possible for our students.
BCS enjoys the flexibility to:
- Design cutting edge programs and integrate new technologies that ensure every student’s individual abilities and passions are nurtured.
- Create new professional opportunities for teachers and pay teachers based on a performance-based compensation model that reflects their commitment to professional growth and educational excellence.
- Empower our teachers to collaborate across content areas, grade levels and specialties to create rigorous, engaging, interdisciplinary units of instruction that improve student learning.
- Allow our administrators and educators to make decisions about programs and staffing that are in the best interests of our students.
- Offer parents another public school option to better meet their child’s specific needs.